Software Engineer, Core Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Core Services Platform team designs and builds best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure platform needs, that help run campaigns and deliver advertising content. The team is directly responsible for systems that are used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space.
- Experience in object oriented software development with an understanding of scalable distributed systems.
- Experience working on complex problems and distributed systems where scalability and performance are very important (every millisecond counts).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- A desire to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
The Core Services team is the backbone of Apple’s ads platform, driving the external API’s for advertising and campaign management and the metadata that drives the relevance engine. As a key contributor to this team, you will design and develop secure and scalable back-end systems that deliver key business data to ad servers and big data pipelines. You will build and maintain interfaces used by both internal systems and thousands of developers and advertisers worldwide. You are self-motivated, have excellent design instincts, and enjoy working multi-functionally. You will enjoy high-performing, elegant systems from the ground up, in close partnerships with various teams around you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.