Today at Apple Production Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for an exceptional Managing Producer to join Retail Marketing and lead a global team responsible for content production and publishing for multiple platforms across online and in-store. The ideal candidate is a seasoned digital delivery expert, a creative force, and someone who inspires others. As a leader, you are adept at managing a diverse team of people and agency partners, developing and implementing strategic production hubs around the world. In a fast paced competitive landscape, the Managing Producer will help define the evolution of Retail content strategy across key platforms including apple.com, video walls, forum displays, Apple Store App plus owned and third party marketing and social spaces. Today at Apple is one of the ways we’re evolving our Retail experience to inspire and educate our customers. We’re creating a modern-day town square, where everyone is welcome in a space where the best of Apple comes together to connect with one another, discover a new passion, or take their skill to the next level. Through the making of inspirational content, this role plays a critical part in humanizing technology, rebalancing Apple’s focus on liberal arts and humanities in the areas of art & design, music, photography, coding, film-making and health and fitness. The Production Lead will be responsible for developing optimal production design, crafting the ideal organizational structure, roles, responsibilities, workflow, planning, talent model and infrastructural needs. You operate at all levels, comfortable driving and presenting strategic direction for the group, as well as diving in the details to deliver world-class results. You thrive in a complex, fast paced, ambiguous and highly cross-functional environment, being the production thought partner to Apple Retail creative leadership.
- 10+ years digital delivery experience at an in-house brand / agency environment.
- 4+ years departmental leadership experience.
- Experience working with editorial teams at a high end/multiple national publishing company. Expertise in building deeply immersive media content across multiple channels (social, brand, online, mobile, live, retail) and formats (audio, imagery, articles, video, 360 interactive, AR and live stream).
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the creative process, managing digital assets from brief to delivery, including localization across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrates political and organizational savvy; can effectively manage conflicting view points and challenging situations whilst being a positive driving force across the organization.
- Proven capability in leading and inspiring a global team. Ability to assess talent, manage, motivate and develop others.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment. Grace under pressure – calm and logical problem solving when issues arise.
- Exceptional project management skills, including project/process management tools. Obsession and love for detail and process.
- Experience with implementing workflow and systems. Ability to pivot between the details and driving strategic direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with all levels of the organization, with engaging interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task projects, priorities, schedules, and deliverables.
- Proven success building solid client relationships and managing client/stakeholder expectations.
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems through negotiation, tact and diplomacy.
- Proficient with Keynote and Numbers, basic Photoshop skills.
- Working knowledge of video production, motion graphics and social media desired.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or related discipline; MBA or advanced degree preferred.Working knowledge of video production, motion graphics and social media desired.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
Refine, implement, educate and drive the project intake process for Today at Apple. Maximize efficiencies and streamline operations across AMR/EMEA and ASIA production teams. Oversee all aspects of workflow including planning, briefing, ideation, concepting, reviews, change management, and removing roadblocks and escalation management as needed. Act as a thought partner for the Retail Marketing creative team, advocating for creative quality whilst delivering globally at the speed of culture. Partner with our T@A Content Strategist, Story Telling Creative and Programming lead to buildout a global production model that supports our global content ambitions. Based on our editorial calendar, build a world class production engine, producing rapid-fire content capture for daily, international distribution across multiple platforms such as Apple Store App, WeChat, apple.com/today, owned and talent social, Youtube etc. Build out a stable of world class global production agencies/partners which enable us to ramp and scale our global operation. Partner with key functions including Business Affairs, Finance, Legal and Procurement to ensure compliance against Apple’s exacting standards. Partner with Platforms Readiness team who publish the portfolio of work, including scoping, planning, scheduling and resourcing, ensuring seamless delivery, worldwide. Manage a multi million creative and agency budget, driving annual and quarterly planning for T@A production across multiple creative disciplines. Build, mentor and motivate a team of Content Producers, setting goals and performance targets which drive world class results, and grows internal talent to unlock their full potential. Set vision and longterm production roadmap for the Today at Apple production team, and communicates with all levels of the Retail org from leadership to individual contributor. Partner with the Creative Resource Manager to ensure all work is planned and adequately staffed, against agreed budgets. Implement reporting and metrics dashboards related to production operations, including scope, team capacity and effectiveness, cycle times and other relevant data. Maintain a network of freelance and third-party agencies used for all aspects of creative and production.