Siri - Quality Engineer, Core Client
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? You will be interacting with various teams of multi-functional engineering and project management to help identify issues, test features and drive the quality of Siri features. You will work with the people who craft the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QA team at Apple.
- 6+ years in roles as Software Development Engineer in Test or Quality Engineer.
- 2+ years leading features around software quality.
- Excellent leadership, automation and regression testing of frameworks in an E2E environment.
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages - Java and Python developing automation for client and server and knowledge of Swift and Objective-C is a plus.
- Shown problem solving and debugging skills: analyze and investigate test failures, errors, and build issues, able to properly drive issues to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess an outgoing and positive attitude to mobilize and lead others.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS and shell languages such as BASH.
The Siri Client QE team is developing automated testing for release of defect-free code. As a result, we need to keep our testing pipelines operating at full speed with minimal downtime. As a Client QE you will design and build test automation around system level functionality in a client/server environment, analyze test failures and ensure issues are resolved quickly. You will track code changes and communicate feature status on a regular basis. Excellent interpersonal skills will be required to lead work across multiple teams to resolve issues. Your strategic goals will be to automate system feature tasks and identify process or technology gaps and improvements.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience - 6+ years).