Siri - Lead Client Quality Engineer, Mac
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a huge fan of the Mac and Siri? Would you like to play a part in shipping groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, and artificial intelligence? We collaborate with various engineering teams to identify issues, test features and drive the quality of Siri features. You will work with the people who craft the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QA team at Apple.
- 4+ years in roles as Software Development Engineer in Test or Quality Engineer.
- 2+ years leading features around software quality.
- Excellent working knowledge of macOS, Mac hardware and shell scripting.
- Excellent leadership, automation and regression testing of features in a server based environment.
- Working familiarity with one or more object-oriented programming languages (such as Python) developing automation for client.
- Proven problem solving and debugging abilities to analyze and investigate test failures, able to properly raise issues and drive fixes to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess an outgoing and positive attitude to mobilize and lead others.
The Siri Client QE team crafts automated testing and release of defect-free code. As a Lead Client QE Engineer for Mac, you will build test plans, automate, analyze test failures, and ensure issues are resolved quickly. You will review code changes and communicate feature status on a regular basis. Excellent interpersonal skills to handle work across multiple teams. Your strategic goals will be to plan all testing for existing and new features, new hardware, and identify process or technology gaps.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience - 6+ years).