Siri - Software Test Architect, Server Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to play a part in ensuring the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri QE team at Apple! The *Software Development Engineer in Test, Server Platform*, will define the test automation roadmap and testing vision for Siri server, ensuring the most optimal testing coverage. This role is also responsible for developing the approach, tools and testing for server systems integration.
- 8+ years of professional work experience in Software Development Engineering
- Experience building test infrastructure, test tools, test automation, and system integration
- Experience working with large scale server software features, detailed test planning, design, and execution
- Experience with micro-services architectures and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with current in distributed computing and advanced data processing technologies
- Advanced programming skills in Java, Python, or similar OO language such as C/C++, Obj-C
- Working experience with various logging and analytics frameworks
- Ability to build test automation frameworks from the ground up
- Experience with root cause analysis of multi-tiered, client-server environments.
- Testing server backend services, especially at the API or protocol level
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on large multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop long term vision and execute strategies at scale
We are searching for a Software Test Architect to define test tool and automation requirements, including proof of concept development. Collaborate with Apple and Siri teams to develop better approaches to increase test coverage, optimize execution resources, and positively impact the user's experience. As the Siri architecture evolves, test infrastructure must adapt. A key deliverable of the role is a significant improvement in failure actionability. This is a fast-paced role with high impact, and ensures we build the most advanced systems in the industry.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.