Power Supply EMC Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will work as a member of a multi-functional team and will be responsible for design and implementation of EMC solutions on Apple AC/DC power supplies and adapters. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist.
- Power supply design engineer with 7+ years design experience and a solid understanding of EMC fundamentals and control concepts
- In-depth understanding of parasitic effects of components and layout on EMI
- Thorough understanding of various EMI control components and tradeoffs in design choices
- Printed circuit board schematic and layout reviews for emissions and immunity control
- Thorough understanding of worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods
- Preparation and execution of test plans and preparing test reports
- Hands-on experience with EMC test equipment/chambers
- Consistent record in solving problems related to EMI failures in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- We're looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently with project teams, vendors and EMC test laboratories.
We're looking for someone that has a thorough understanding of AC/DC power supply designs for meeting WW EMC regulations. Passion and Familiarity with EMC testing and skill relating to EMC debug techniques are highly desired. Ability to travel internationally, free of any country related travel restrictions. Flexible working hours is a requirement. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with power design and power integrity modeling experience.
Education & Experience
BSEE with >7 years of experience. MSEE/PhD is preferred.