Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple Information Systems and Technology group is looking for a Manager to lead Revenue and Reconciliation projects and to facilitate X-Functional Interaction across diverse groups. The Corporate Systems group at Apple focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet growing needs of Apple Finance, iTunes, App Store, Sales, Retail, Apple Care and Apple Online. At core, our portfolio comprises of engineered custom solutions to process very high-volume micro-transactions from iTunes and App Store Downloads, iPhone Activations, Sales from Retail/Online, and Resellers, etc. These solutions are on groundbreaking enterprise technologies ranging from Server Side Java, Web Technologies, Cocoa, iOS, Oracle, and No-SQL Databases. Accurately processing such high volume transactions is our core strength.
- You bring experience in managing technically complex projects that are fast paced and are critical to business
- You are a technical lead and rightly align technical resources to tasks.
- You are technically savvy to be able to assess software development for accuracy and efficiency
- You demonstrate experience in both leading a program and being a part of a wider program involving multiple groups
- Strong communication skills and be able to articulate complex business and technical situations to a variety of audience
- Leadership skills to keep teams motivated and engaged at all times
- You have an eye for detail to accurately analyze business requirements and for User Experience
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Process using different software development methodologies
- Product Management background to help evolve the product and make it more valuable to business
- Background in Accounting/Finance projects
- DESIRED SKILLS
- Background in Payments is highly desired
- Experience managing high transaction volume projects
- Prior experience in reconciliation products is a plus
- Been a part of a setting with multiple business critical parallel projects
We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities. Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams. You will get along with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Dynamic people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent. At least 8 years experience in Software Development Projects with a minimum of 5 years in project management