Electrical Lab Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you are in search for a dynamic and challenging position to help make creative products for a company in the leading edge of creativity, this is the right position for you. You will be a part of the battery product development engineering team and will help in building prototypes, PCBA assembly, rework and troubleshooting. You will also be responsible for maintaining the electronic lab with required equipment and supplies. We are looking for an experienced EE Technician with good prototyping and reworks skills for this position.
- 5+ years of related experience in small engineering labs
- Passion, diligence, integrity, and extraordinary aptitude
- Comfortable with working on OSX based Apple computers
- Familiar with Python and ability to read and modify scripts in Python
- Basic understanding of analog/digital circuits, schematics development and PCB layout.
Develop manual test set ups using commonly available lab equipments to execute a given test plan. Use Labview or similar tools to automate the test setups when needed. Perform testing or debug of boards and packs using software tools (GUI as wells as CLI based) and python based scripts. Familiarity with modifying python scripts to match test needs required. Operate characterization equipment such as scopes, meters, temp chambers, IR Gun, supplies, and electronic loads Familiar with simple I2C communication tools for board level debug. Perform simple solder / de-solder / miscellaneous rework to get ICs / circuit boards / products to work for test / characterization / DOE purposes. Plan and maintain lab facilities for optimal efficiency. Create new processes when necessary. Champion safety, security and quality. Organize and maintain stock of critical components test equipment for rapid prototyping/testing Assist engineers in board level trouble shooting failures to root cause. Analyze test data in excel, present data in clear manner Develop proficiency in understanding of Lithium ion Battery pack design including safety and gas gauging techniques.
Education & Experience
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or relevant experience in lieu of.
- Ability to complete task in time
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good written and verbal skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Manage multiple demanding deadlines. Be able to work across multiple teams to get things done.