Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of displays for new Apple products including iPhone and Watch.
- The ideal candidate will need to have 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment, yield ramp and management in the LCD display, OLED display, Semiconductor, Solar cell, LED, or other similar industry.
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies is preferred: PVD, CVD, Lamination, etching, lithography, cleaning, thermal processing, precision dispensing.
- Experience in precision metrology, AOI, and yield modeling is preferred.
- Experience bringing new products and new technologies into high volume manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis is a must.
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills are required.
As an Advanced Display Manufacturing Engineer, you will participate in the development and engineering of process technology and equipment to enable new features for display modules of Apple products. In the early program phases, you will partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. In the middle program phases, you will drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. In the later program phases, you will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
Education: MS or Ph.D. degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or other similar field.