Art Director, Interactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the creative development and implementation of World-class communications. As a member of the Interactive Team, this role designs content and interfaces for apple.com and other digital platforms, particularly for Apple product launches, under the limited direction of an Associate Creative Director. This position requires a proven record in graphic design and art direction for the web, particularly for the marketing of major brands; a strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes; and experience developing creative solutions with a relatively high level of autonomy.
- You have at least 7 to 10 years of (preferably agency) experience specializing in visual design for the web.
- You have a diverse portfolio of daring, ground-breaking work that is consummate in its craft.
- You have numerous outlets for which to express your designs and concepts – hand sketches, digital comps, rapid prototyping, 3D rendering.
- You are a natural collaborator and mentor who thrives in a group environment and knows how to bring out the best in the team – design, copy, ux, and development.
- You set a blistering design pace on every project; casting vision, minding the details, and solving the work in a deep and meaningful way.
Accountable for successful conception and execution of visual creative direction. Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group. Delivers the art direction of an interactive project, from concept through to code. Develops innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences that meet the objectives of the assignment. Solves problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team, including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, and developers. Presents persuasively and clearly articulating design rationale. Communicates effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect. Manages the work of interactive designers and art directs photographers and illustrators as necessary.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline preferred.