Performance Design Verification
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Does making the next great technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of our team there's no telling what you could accomplish. The SoC Performance Verification is a critical job within Apple's Hardware Technology. Joining this group means you will be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices.
- We are looking for a well-rounded engineer in performance verification and a team player with a desire to take on diverse challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of CPU & SOC architecture and design.
- Strong SW programming skills and knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with scripting tools for data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with planning and execution of CPU / Memory controller/Media Performance test plan is a plus.
- Experience with emulation friendly transactor or model development, identifying and addressing simulation/emulation bottlenecks is a plus
- Familiarity with verification environments and Verilog is a plus.
As a Performance Verification Engineer, you will be responsible for verifying the specified performance of the SOC implementation under key use case conditions. You will be at the heart of the chip design effort, working with all disciplines with critical impact in getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. Work closely with the design & micro-architecture teams, review specifications, develop test plans, define methodology & test benches to verify the performance goals. Develop C/C++/Assembly based tests or infrastructures targeting stressful scenarios to test the performance of the system. Develop analysis and data visualization tools from large set of regression results. RTL versus performance model correlation on simulation or emulation. Have strong interpersonal skills, work independently & manage work you're doing to align with the project goals plus support multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering