System Architecture Power Management Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Seeking a talented and enthusiastic Electrical or Computer Science engineer for the Macintosh System Architecture team. The position is as a highly cross-functional individual contributor. You will be integral to defining new products having a critical influence on hardware and software design. You will discover, develop, and drive x-functional efforts at the system architecture level to optimize system power consumption and enable Apple to build efficient & amazing products. The position requires strong analytical, communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong EE fundamentals; demonstrated design, debug, test plan creation & characterization experience.
- Ability to create, review, approve requirements specification documents.
- Experience with chip & system level power management features
- Ability to understand how software interacts with HW in implementing power management features
- Understand schematics and PCB designs and use them to bring-up, probe, and debug boards.
- Work safely in a lab environment
- Ability to summarize and effectively communicate technical issues, status, and actions to key stakeholders and leadership teams.
Provide architectural guidance and leadership to x-functional engineering teams to establish new product definition requirements & commitments on power management related items. Work to achieve amazing battery life & enable awesome products Influence system design behaviors and states Negotiate development goals amongst a broad group of system development and architecture engineers, technical leads, HW & SW engineering managers, and outside vendors. Facilitate, organize, rally resources and experts as needed Provide System battery life prediction and battery capacity requirements; develop system electrical and thermal power budgets Establish, drive, manage, & negotiate workload power budgets at system & module levels Specify, negotiate, and document system power management & user level behaviors Define system telemetry needs; collect/analyze/ debug subsystem power. Navigate and utilize schematics, BOMs, technical documentation Perform and guide power measurements on device hardware to help validate power models Analyze large complex data sets, track issues, and summarize conclusions. Review, challenge, & influence people and process. Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, automation, and methods of system analysis Mentor junior engineer for best practices in systems development and institutionalized processes. Provide guidance and enthusiasm to negotiate development process & capabilities Be successful navigating ambiguity & x-functional organizational challenges; thrive in a demanding environment Generate and present material for internal review to upper management, key stakeholders, and technical decision makers. Preferred Tools experience Matlab, R, JMP or other data analytic / statistic / simulation tools Scripting tools (e.g., Python, PERL, C, Excel Macros, Excel VBA) Productivity (e.g., Keynote, Numbers, Pages; Powerpoint, Excel, Word; Omnigraffle)
Education & Experience
BS EE or CE w/ 5 years; MS w/3 years overall experience
- This position may require occasional domestic and international travel.