Global Supply Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of the commodity landscape in order to forecast industry trends and gauge emerging competitive forces. Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials markets and use industry dynamics to Apple’s advantage.
- Effectively work with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms for sourcing. Understand the trade-offs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Apple’s performance criteria and secure long term supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Optimize global supply chain performance through cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Develop an in-depth understanding of value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence Apple’s future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Assess and mitigate risks to the business. Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of an international team.
The Global Supply Manager is positioned at the interface between Apple’s product teams and the industries that supply core component technologies. We are responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations based on improving technology. The position requires an interest in market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 2 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- A knack for negotiation
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Thirst for knowledge and the ability to learn quickly
- Interest in technology and/or operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30% depending on commodity)