Silicon Validation Software Engineer - Linux
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? Join our growing Silicon Validation team in Austin. We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. As part of the silicon validation team, you will be developing Linux device drivers.
- You have 5+ years of embedded Linux kernel development experience
- Solid knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, file systems) and networking or storage subsystems architecture
- You bring extensive device driver development and support (one or more of USB, network, graphics, video, mtd, storage, power management)
- You have strong debugging skills in kernel context
- Experience with exercising/validation of system from user space, knowledge of user space API
- Ported/maintained Linux distribution for a platform
- Skilled C programmer
- Familiarity with ARM architecture a plus
You will be developing Linux device drivers and user-land tests for exercising and testing the various subsystems in complex SoCs.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required