Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are seeking an experienced manager, to lead a team of talented individuals that support our engineering efforts. This role is also responsible to recruit extraordinary talent to grow the team. We are a rare security engineering group within Apple IS&T. We provide critical services for the company across every product line. From manufacturing to customer facing, our services span across the entire lifecycle of most Apple hardware. We are responsible to design, implement and support the ongoing need to improve customer safety and privacy by providing security services that are tightly coupled with hardware. We work multi-functionally with teams Apple wide and our talented team of technically oriented project management professionals is a key to our success.
- Tried ability to lead large high-performing engineering teams, with 3+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in crafting and developing mission critical, large-scale enterprise applications
- Prior experience and consistent track record leading multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical skills
- Self starter with strong leadership and organizational capabilities.
- Understand and communicate complex technical, logical, or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Strong presentation and speaking skills, especially in front of large audiences or high-level management
- Excellent analytical mindset and attention to detail, especially in predicting and preventing potential future challenges
- Be highly reciprocal, with a track record of being able to influence multi-functional teams and leaders, and develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a dynamic work environment
- Superb communication skills and polished demeanor, especially across dynamic audiences; e.g. working with multi-functional technical and business teams
Apple is seeking an extraordinary leader to manage a team of talented engineers. This is a management position that will support our growth efforts in Austin and it requires experience and expertise effectively leading a team with varied skill sets i.e. Dev, Infrastructure, QA, Project management. This role will work closely with our engineering teams and partner multi-functionally with peer organizations, and dependent teams to ensure timely execution. A highly organized, results driven manager is vital to lead the team to successfully handle the high volume of parallel engagements. You will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You are an extraordinary leader who will be able to cultivate an environment that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and creativity.
Education & Experience
Degree in Engineering, or Project Management or 5+ years of equivalent, hands-on applicable experience in large enterprise environments.