IC Packaging Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is proficient in FEM simulation with multi-year hands-on experience of FEM software ANSYS or ABAQUS. The individual should also be an expert programmer of numerical simulation tools, such as Matlab and/or Python.
- Solid training in mechanics and mathematics.
- Hands-on experience of major FEM tools (e.g., ANSYS, ABAQUS, Hypermesh, etc.).
- Familiar with numerical simulation software tools. Expert programmer of Matlab and/or Scientific Python.
- Good understanding of electronic packaging materials and they mechanical behaviors.
- Knowledge of electronic packaging structures and processes.
- Knowledge of reliability of electronic packages and package qualification requirements.
- Experience of setting up data acquisition systems.
- Able to perform independent research and development work
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present ideas, design concepts, data and plan with high confidence at team meetings
The individual will work on: •Numerical modeling of the stress and deformation of component packages to provide comprehensive understanding of chip-package interaction and package-board interaction to ensure good device yield and reliability. •Programming CAD tools, FEM software, and numerical tools to set up automated model-generation user interfaces and maintain those codes. •Characterization of component packages under various environmental and reliability loading conditions, and also key packaging materials. •Setting up measurement systems (including programming DAQs) for the characterization of packages of various components.
Education & Experience
•PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, Physics or related fields.