Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a best-in-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this role, you will be a part of the RFIC design team responsible for providing RF solutions for wireless chips.
- - Typically requires 7+ years of analog and mixed signal design experience, including 3+ years of lead role for complex analog IPs.
- - Demonstrated track record for bringing Analog/Mixed-Signal designs into mass production. Experience in wireless SoC products is desirable.
- - Solid background and knowledge in bandgaps, biasing circuits, op-amp design, switched-cap circuits, LDOs, feedback and compensation techniques.
- - Good understanding of device noise, mismatch, linearity, and other analog impairments.
- - Familiar with mixed signal mode verification methodology including Verilog-AMS and behavioral modeling in Verilog-A and Verilog-D.
- - Extensive experience in Si characterization and debug.
- - Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies.
- - Familiarity with RF systems and radio transceiver concepts is a plus.
- Work with platform architects, system groups and digital design group to define the requirements for RF and baseband blocks based on the system requirements. - Top-down specification of baseband analog frontend. - Design analog and Mixed-Signal circuit blocks inside the radio including ADC/DAC, bandgap, LDO, temperature/process sensors, PLL, and other analog blocks. - Floorplan and work with layout designer to implement circuit designs with best-practice layout techniques. - Work with the chip team to successfully integrate analog IP at chip level. - Lead top level verification and modeling of analog IPs. - Define bench bring-up and test plans and validate/characterize/debug designs into mass production.
Education & Experience
BSEE required; MSEE or PhD preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.