Mechanical Design Engineer (Camera)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. This team is seeking a mechanical engineer to design camera hardware modules and component parts. Work on the design of Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), advanced mechanisms and actuator technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of relevant experience with expertise in the design of piece parts and modules for high-volume products.
- Proven record of project ownership and working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with electro-mechanical design for camera and/or optical modules is a definite plus.
- Key Skills:
- CAD drafting and design. Experience with NX a plus.
- Basic Structural FEA.
- Hands-on / Machine Shop experience.
- Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs.
- Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing and inspection drawings.
- Ability to design parts for injection molding.
- Experience with testing, reliability and qualification of systems.
Design of camera module structures and packaging in CAD. Design of injection molded, sheet metal, and other component parts. Authoring of detailed 2D manufacturing and inspection drawings. Rigorous tolerance analysis of module designs and component parts. Interface with component part and camera manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues. Author clear documentation on mechanical inspection and test requirements. Direct Finite Element Analysis (FEA) engineers on evaluation of camera designs.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Mechanical engineering or related field.
- Occasional travel to manufacturing partners is required.