Display Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for an electrical engineer to bring fresh perspective and integrate state of the art technologies into Apple displays. In this rare position, you will have a high-visibility role to deliver the world's best front-of-screen experience on small form factor Apple products. You will design, prototype, and validate display hardware, integrate systems, and support new products ramping to mass production.
- Confirmed excellence in at least one electrical engineering discipline
- Power electronics, RF/wireless, or IC design, semiconductors, FPGAs, TFTs
- Hands-on lab experience including data acquisition and automation using test equipment.
- Strong python and Matlab script skill preferred
- Experience with circuit simulation tools such as HSPICE or Spectre.
- Up to 20% international travel required per year.
- Experience with PCB design and IC packaging and layout, including analysis for SI/PI/crosstalk is a plus.
- Experience in display technology, such as LCD, OLED, plasma, DLP, LCOS, e-paper, etc is a plus.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: - Define display module EE architecture and features. - Design display electronic components including flexible PCBs and SiPs. - Collaborate with vendors on design execution and validation. - Work with multi-functional teams on system integration. - Define electro-optical performance metrics through extensive measurement and modeling of hardware. - Lead engineering investigation of new display technologies for next generation products through prototype design and characterization.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering