Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Global Security Tools team builds web and iOS applications to protect Apple's people and information. The apps we develop and support are used daily by thousands of employees around the world to help them deliver amazing products and experiences to Apple's customers. We are constantly taking on new projects to address critical business and security challenges, and we need a creative, experienced developer to help.
- As a candidate for this position, you should enjoy working collaboratively to:
- Design compelling user experiences around complex business processes
- Build flexible, beautiful design systems to support changing applications
- Engage other business and technical teams to deliver a seamless solution for our users
- We believe that the best candidates can learn our specific problems and tools quickly, but they must
- bring a strong motivation for learning, self- and team improvement, and delivering their best in a
- complex, time-sensitive environment.
In a typical day on the team, you'll spend time on writing code, and an equal amount of time reviewing others' contributions or discussing different approaches to solving a UI or technical challenge. You might meet with members of Apple's product development teams to learn about their work. Your understanding of their needs will turn into a quick mockup or user stories to guide day-to-day development. You'll regularly suggest opportunities to improve how we work as a team and deliver high-quality apps, whether by changing how we communicate or improving our build pipeline. We strongly value problem-solving and continuous improvement. When we find a great technical or process solution, we adopt and adapt it across our projects. Being disciplined about our day-to-day work gives us the freedom to respond flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- You will be expected to work collaboratively with the team while taking responsibility for your own contributions. You should be comfortable taking ownership over a specific goal or problem (even if it's a small one) and prepared to talk about your experiences