Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Work in an inter-disciplinary team with a shared goal of designing and developing world-class test and measurement solutions for the validation and characterization of analog and power ICs that will drive the next generation of technology for Apple's mobile products.
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, prototyping, development, and project leadership.
- 3D CAD experience required, Unigraphics NX preferred.
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors.
- Experience with Applied knowledge in printed circuit boards, material science, basic physics and basic chemistry is beneficial.
•You will be responsible for the ideation, design and support of mechanical solutions that facilitate the validation and characterization of power and analog focused ICs. •Work collaboratively with electrical and software engineers to deliver a fully realized solution to multiple internal lab validation teams. This will require you to solve complex mechanical packaging, thermal management, and automation challenges. •Mechanical design using 3D CAD - Responsible for mockups, functional prototype fabrication, assembly bring up, debug, and testing. •Perform user interaction experiments. Perform failure analysis and modify designs to reduce or eliminate their recurrence.
Education & Experience
•BSME required; MSME preferred