Software Engineer, Cocoa Frameworks
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Cocoa Frameworks engineering group is seeking creative and highly motivated engineer to join the Core Data team and build the next generation of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS technologies. Our team works on a broad range of projects that focus on improving developer experiences for all of Apple's platforms.
- Development experience with Objective-C or Swift.
- Strong engineering and debugging skills and a deep understanding of OS fundamentals
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse group, including interpersonal skills.
- Ideal candidates will have strong knowledge of Apple development tools and framework design as well as systems programming experience
The Core Data team specializes in designing, building, and maintaining application development and data storage functionality used by all of Apple's operating systems. We work in C, Objective-C, and Swift. As a Core Data engineer, you will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of computer science theory and practical everyday engineering. The code that you write will become an important building block for a wide variety of features and a critical part of shipping software on a regular schedule. We are trusted to deliver high quality results on difficult tasks. You will collaborate with many other teams to deliver broadly scoped features, quality improvements and performance enhancements. You will craft new APIs. You will diagnose and fix complex bugs, and provide advice to clients about application performance, data management and storage technologies. We encourage curiosity and initiative, value diversity, and depend on the ability to learn and grow when approaching new features and technology.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience