Head of Legal Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we quickly turn new ideas into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring your vision and dedication to Apple, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Head of Legal Operations has a unique opportunity to contribute to building a world class Legal Operations organization. We are looking for an experienced leader who will assess current, disparate operations functions throughout the Legal and Global Security Department; assess overall departmental needs going forward; and then manage an integrated Legal Operations function that will partner closely with legal and security personnel to implement efficiencies and drive development of world-class Legal Operations processes and tools.
- 10+ years experience in working with legal departments or in the operations area
- Experience in a customer support role a plus
- Legal operations experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in building and leading a world-class operations function
- Track record of identifying opportunities, presenting plans and building support for improvement in processes and tools
- Experience in managing, implementing and successfully executing - on time and within budget - complex technology roll-outs and cross functional initiatives
- Comfort learning new technologies and evangelizing the benefits to others who have limited technical expertise
- Ability to foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Sound judgment, discretion, and ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways
- Track record of helping subordinate teammates focus on career development.
In this role you will manage existing Apple Legal Operations resources, including the systems for e-billing, matter management, patent and trademark management, eDiscovery, Knowledge Management, integration of practice specific technologies, vendor relationships and law firm administration; as well as desk-top support for the Department. You will assess the technology requirements for Apple’s Legal and Global Security teams, and in partnership with Apple’s IS&T team build outstanding legal operations systems and tools. You will also lead Apple Global Records and Information Management, including records policy and retention schedule. You will deliver results by closely partnering with Apple attorneys, legal assistants, security personnel and several cross functional teams, e.g. IS&T, Finance, HR and Business Process Reengineering (BPR). In this role you will also manage a team of legal operations specialists.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree; Advanced Degree preferred