Software Engineering Intern - Core OS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you interested in working on a high impact, short term project to positively impact millions of customers? Are you passionate about creating software that stretches the limits of sophisticated hardware? If so, we have the perfect internship opportunity for you here at Apple. Apple is well known for its innovative products and its pure dedication to customer-oriented features that “just work”. Behind its success, Apple amasses top engineering talent to develop world-class hardware and software solutions that work amazingly well together.
- ▪ A genuine interest in embedded software development
- ▪ A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- ▪ A very good understanding of system architecture in an embedded environment
- ▪ Solid C or C++ coding skills. Familiarity with Assembly preferred
- ▪ Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- ▪ Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- ▪ Excellent collaborative skills
- ▪ Solid Hardware and Software debugging skills
- ▪ Outstanding written and verbal communication
At the heart of Apple’s Software organization, the Core OS team is responsible for the design and development of core technologies that are deployed across all Apple product areas including the iPhone, iPad, Watch, MacBook, iMac, Apple TV, and audio accessories (Yes, that’s pretty much everything!). Specifically, this internship opportunity is in the sensor technology area. By integrating motion, optical, and other advanced sensing hardware to Apple’s products, we are now able to create innovative features that are truly adaptive to the user and the environment. We are looking for top students to join us in creating cutting edge sensing technology and infrastructure to deliver truly innovative user experience.