Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we love movies and we love TV. When the storytelling is good, it can be emotional, transformational, enraging, insightful, thought-provoking, or just a really good laugh. There’s never been a better time to be a fan of video content, but you can have too much of a good thing and that’s precisely why we do what we do, with a laser focus on curation and discovery. There’s a person with a passion for video behind every item we showcase. We watch hundreds of films and binge hours and hours of television in order to help our customers find both the biggest titles and the most interesting new voices across both media types and all genres. We’re looking for a knowledgeable film and TV lover to join our content programming team to help ensure the best customer experience on our video platform. The movie and TV programmers are the conduit between the customer and the content. You’ll help design and implement the layout of our merchandising, participate in the planning and execution of special features and promotions, and brainstorm creative ways for customers to discover new and classic content. A love for movies and TV is a must and so is experience in curating content online, in the entertainment industry, in e-commerce/retail, in festivals, or in print. We’re looking for an individual who excels at strategy, planning, organizing and both big-sky thinking and commitment to detail, who thrives on movies and TV pop culture. Comprehensive knowledge of and passion for genre programming is a huge plus. A film fan without being a film snob, you must see the joy in and importance of blockbuster hits, network staples, genre gems, indie sleepers, and cutting edge arthouse/international fare. You should be comfortable finding a balance in featuring them all, mindful of representing a variety of content and a diversity of voices in our planning and programming. We are seeking a passionate fan, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record planning and executing his or her own workflow while working within a highly collaborative team. Do you love a good debate about art? We sure do. The position requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, resourcefulness, and ingenuity in solving problems. The ideal candidate should feel a personal stake in the product, build strong relationships, and work for the success of the entire team.
- 2+ years of experience in online media, e-commerce, and/or merchandising, content programming & curation.
- Very passionate and knowledgeable about movies & TV content and the landscape. Current with pop culture, entertainment news and industry trends.
- Keen sense of cultural relevance and consumer tastes for video content.
- Driven self-starter and able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can problem solve.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and run multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Highly motivated and collaborative teammate.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Enjoys working with digital technology and tools for web-based production.
• You will create and implement video content merchandising and organization across the iTunes Store and TV app. • Program key franchise and editorial promotions across platforms. • Coordinate with business teams to define and take weekly top content priorities live. • Craft new ways to thoughtfully surface relevant content to consumers. • Use metrics to analyze success of merchandising effectiveness. • Work with internal teams to ensure that all artwork, assets, metadata and other deliverables are presented at the right time to our customers, every time.
Education & Experience