Sr Audio Drivers Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apples products and platforms enrich the lives of millions of people and have changed the way we do business on a planetary scale. Apples success depends on the innovations of its incredibly talented engineering and design group. Apple’s IMG Audio group is responsible for all aspects of audio and is seeking a Senior Audio Driver Engineer directly responsible for the development of all aspects of audio drivers. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies in iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS platforms. The candidate will work with the Audio Design & Engineering Team, innovating in small groups with high initiative. The candidate will be asked to make significant engineering contributions to industry-leading hardware products.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++ and OOP
- Experience with driver or operating system development
- Good understanding of multi-core embedded HW System and RTOS.
- Good understanding of computer architecture.
- Should be familiar with compilers, linkers, and source code management utilities.
- Able to review hardware engineering schematics
- An interest in audio and improving audio on Mac and iOS platforms
- Highly motivated and self-directed, quick learner.
Candidate will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of project-based audio driver design and software development. • Design and implement audio drivers • Driver bring up on new codecs • Kernel level debugging • Participate in audio hardware design reviews • Debug prototype software and hardware • Participate in medium and large scale software engineering processes • Create and maintain engineering documentation
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent.