AI/ML - iOS CarPlay Engineer, Siri Client
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Join the growing Siri Client team in our new Seattle offices and build innovative ways to use Siri in the Car. CarPlay is one of Siri’s fastest growing platforms, shipping on over 500 car models. You’ll be working very closely with Siri and CarPlay teams in Cupertino to create the next generation of iOS platform features that drive (pun intended) the Siri experience. Our team is passionate about helping users unlock the power of their phone, safely, while driving. We tailor the most important Siri experiences to work smoothly in the car. We help people send and read messages, listen to their favorite music and podcasts, and get to where they are going, with Siri. Having access to the latest hardware and software features means there's always something innovative to work on. You'll be working on Siri with software, hardware, and design teams all over Apple to design new experiences. We're always looking at understand what is most important to the user, and you will work with data, QA, and research teams to measure and improve the user experience. The Siri team is looking for people who want to bring their passion for designing helpful mobile user experiences to work. We combine strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of cutting edge technology to deliver a world class experience in the car. Do you have ideas on how Siri can be more useful in the car? Join our team and get your amazing ideas on our roadmap!
- You are self-motivated and curious, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve the world around you
- You have excellent communication skills, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- You have solid experience with object-oriented design, performance optimization, and multi-threading on mobile platforms.
- You are excited to learn about unfamiliar technical areas and contribute to the most advanced mobile operating system in the world.
- You have a passion for building great user experiences that surprise and delight users.
• Your primary responsibilities will be to build features in the Siri iOS frameworks. You’ll collaborate with software teams that work on CarPlay, Audio, UI, Machine Learning, and others to incorporate the latest technologies. You’ll create code that is performant, architected for the future, and built for testing. • You’ll study data to understand how well things are working and where we can improve. You’ll debug and instrument code and might even fix bugs in other frameworks! • You care about getting things right and creating delightful experiences for the user — experiences that were not even possible before. We do this on devices that you, and millions of others, trust to be the most helpful and beautiful devices in their lives. You will be part of an incredibly supportive, forward-thinking, and passionate team who care about the same things, and always help make each other successful. You might be the person we are looking for if: • You enjoy spending hours digging in to understand why something works the way it does, so you can be best equipped to make it better. • You are excited to explore and contribute to code in all parts of the operating system. • You often spend more time writing a good test than you did writing the code. • You thrive in fast paced environments where there may be ambiguity; you are willing to listen and learn, ask for what you need, and help others.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- • iOS App development experience
- • Familiarity with Xcode, Swift or Objective-C
- • Experience with data analysis tools
- • Experience with Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with OCMock, XCTest and/or other testing frameworks