Sr. Legal Counsel - Internet Services (App Store)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support the App Store. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the people running one of the most dynamic and successful businesses on the planet.
- 8+ years of relevant legal experience advising on software, intellectual property, commerce and/or technology-related issues.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to analyze problems and come up with practical, workable solutions.
- Comfortable with healthy debate, and able to handle a variety of matters at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and works well with cross-functional teams at all levels – engineers, senior management and execs alike.
- Experience with internet services, software, international legal and regulatory compliance, privacy, consumer protection, and customer payment systems is desirable.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, adopts technology and thrives in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Management experience is a plus.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and advising the App Store’s engineering, product marketing, engineering, and operations teams on a wide variety of matters, including feature/technology development, intellectual property issues, data privacy, transactional matters, and regulatory considerations. You will help review and draft language for product UI, purchase flows, and customer and developer-facing terms and conditions. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies, and collaborate with a broader legal team supporting Apple products and services. Experience in the areas of intellectual property law, software and internet-related law, product advising, privacy, and financial processing systems is highly desired. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and drafting skills, and the ability to partner well with business and engineering teams, as well as legal colleagues around the world.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar.