Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our platform server engineering team develops and deploys software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting services, including iCloud, Maps, iTunes, and more. Our software ensures that Apple's services are reliable, scalable, fast, and secure. We support both open source and home-grown technologies to provide internal Apple developers with the best possible platform. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to own and deliver some of the world's largest-scale cloud services. At Apple, we manage services that support millions of users. This brings an entirely new dimension to the word "Scale". If you have dreamt about controlling, managing, and scaling thousands of servers, then read on!
- Experience supporting hosted services in a high-volume customer facing environment.
- Dev-ops skills in Golang, Python, and Unix Shells.
- Java, C, C++ experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Hadoop, Cloudera, Pig, Splunk or other big data frameworks.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible for configuration management.
- Experience with relational databases such SQL, DB2, HBase.
- Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with operations and development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Drive to take initiative and own issues.
Working in Apple’s Hadoop SRE team is the definition of variety. Our team provides infrastructure and support for large Internet facing applications by building and maintaining Hadoop clusters and application stack. On any given day, you may find one member of the team fault-finding low-level driver issues, while another is analyzing a highly distributed workflow. As a member of the Hadoop SRE team, you will be empowered to work across many organizational units to improve and expand our current deployment. This may include: Design and implement new software to streamline system automation. Capacity planning to meet future requirements, or a new project. Triage production issues when they occur with other operational teams. Conduct ongoing maintenance across our large scale deployments across the world. Participate in new builds which back new releases.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS or equivalent