Commerce Engineer, Apple Media Products (New York City)
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products Commerce group is looking for an outstanding individual to join our platform engineering team. The Commerce team provides the transactional engine for App Store, iTunes Music Store, iTunes Radio, iTunes Match, Apple Music, iBookStore, Mac App Store, Apple TV, iTunes U., and more. Our platform is the highest volume digital content store in the world, serving billions of transactions daily in 129 countries. You’ll build services and application components, shared across applications, to support very high levels of transactional integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will also contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of top-level user visible features, with an emphasis on identifying components that can be reused across different scenarios and domains. The position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle and experienced with high performance distributed systems. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. Do you thrive in a dynamic cross-functional environment and are you able to pivot with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies? Then you’ll love it here.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience designing, implementing, and supporting highly scalable and highly reliable applications and web services.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Exceptional Java and object-oriented programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle preferred) as well as NoSQL data stores and data modeling
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in gray areas
- The attitude that technical debt is an opportunity for better engineering
- Strong sense of responsibility, requiring minimal guidance
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team supports all the commerce functionality of the App Store, iTunes Music Store, Apple Music, and many others. We account for each purchase across many different reporting and financial systems. You would work on adding new integrations, scaling current data flows, and re-imagining existing processes to accommodate developing features and architectures. We offer a diverse set of products, often with dissimilar taxation, accounting and reporting requirements. These requirements are often country specific and can change quickly as legislative bodies update local laws. All of this operates on an immense scale, both in volume and business complexity.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or similar. MS preferred.