HW Lead Systems Engineer (EE)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
You are passionate about architecture, designing, and developing next-generation Apple products? You have significant electrical system design and integration experience. We like those eager to own end-to-end electrical and HW systems engineering decisions and implementations at the product level. You thrive in new product development because it requires your sharp problem-solving skills . The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation.
- You have 8+ years experience in system-level design and architecture, 5+ years of work experience in the design and development of high-speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- We find engineers with product-level electrical integration experience are the most successful.
- Your direct experience in designing high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics, from beginning to end while partnering with contract manufacturers.
- We individually have a multi-disciplinary EE, ME, and Physics principles understanding.
- You will bring a deep understanding of the system development process including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- We prefer those with familiarity of mechanical design principles, FEA, and advanced materials.
- Your proven experience in modeling complex cross-disciplinary systems will lend to your success on our team.
- You tirelessly analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability, and cost.
- You have strong communication and an ability to demonstrate prototypes to a divers audience from multiple teams across Apple through your excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- You have a proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation, modeling tools, and Python or other scripting languages.
- Your experience with RF antenna and radio technologies a plus.
Core responsibilities: - Develop hardware/system architectures for novel systems. - Development and negotiation of cross-functional requirements to ensure product performance. - Evaluate solution space, including system constraint discovery, to determine creative architectural implementation approaches. - You identify and prioritize hardware and EE-related issues, then drive resolution of issues cross many teams including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration). - System integration of embedded systems with electronics, firmware, and software. - Prototype bring-up and debugging, functional analysis, characterization, and validation. - Author regular technical communication for executive and cross-functional briefings. - Business travel to support product development.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or industry experience equivalent.