Test-Fixtures Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As a member of the Silicon Validation Hardware team you’ll be essential to enabling the next generation of incredible Apple products. This position involves a wide range of activities including leading the design, development, and validation of silicon validation test fixtures. You’ll work closely with designers from many groups within Apple providing fixture-design support while being a key contributor to the silicon engineering effort.
- You will have 2+ years of hands-on product design experience in consumer electronic products or modules, direct fixture design experience is highly preferred.
- 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis
- Applied knowledge in flex circuits, printed circuit boards, material science and basic chemistry is beneficial
- Disciplined in GD&T practices with close attention to datum establishment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
- Teamwork: You are able to communicate well with multi-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
This design engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end mechanical development of test fixtures silicon validation, with responsibilities including: Defining mechanical requirement and interface for fixtures Brainstorming design concepts and executing design concepts in all phases of a development cycle Generating innovative designs with multi-functional teams Defining mechanical component outlines and assembly schemes Communicating multi-functionally on design directions and requirements Generating fixture design PD specifications Generating dimensional and tolerance analysis You will lead and track multiple priorities within schedule requirements Prototype bring-up, debug and characterization Participating in the development of new testing processes Conducting design reviews and driving fabrication Design validation and characterization from prototype bring-up to product testing Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to reach design solutions and corrective actions.
Education & Experience
BSME or MSME