Deep Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. In this role, you will be part of a high-energy team that has successfully delivered a wide spread of industry-leading software features including sensor fusion (e.g. device attitude and heading), health monitoring (e.g. fall detection on the Apple Watch), and many more.
- Experience in Deep Learning, Neural Networks, or Related Fields.
- Proficient at programming in Python and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Experience with one Deep Learning framework (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras…)
- Proficient at data visualization and reporting
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
CoreMotion is working on processing petabyte scale human motion datasets. In this role, you will be highly involved in driving design data quality and algorithm performance to develop our next generation of Health and Fitness features. Key responsibilities of this role are: Profile, process and evaluate large structured and unstructured motion datasets Leverage state of the art deep learning techniques to assess data quality and find minimum data representation Integrate deep learning methods into our data curation workflow to speed up curation process
Education & Experience
MS or PHD in a quantitative field (Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent practical experience)
- Interest in health and fitness technology is a big plus.