Software Engineer, Motion Algorithm Verification and Validation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to improve their health with their devices through motion. When you exercise and move with your devices, it's the work of engineers and scientists on this team. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join the Motion team to work on algorithm verification and validation for next generation of Health and Fitness features. In this role, you will be part of a high-energy team that has successfully delivered a wide spread of industry-leading software features including sensor fusion (e.g. device attitude and heading), health monitoring (e.g. fall detection on the Apple Watch), and many more!
- Proficient at one or more of the following domain: signal processing, sensor fusion, health analytics, statistics, data mining
- Proficient at programming in Python, Matlab, and/or Scala for quantitative analysis on large-scale data
- Proficient at data visualization and reporting
- Experience with databases (SQL/NoSQL), comfortable with query languages and designing tables, views, indices
- Familiar with AWS services/API such as S3, Lambda, Data Pipeline
- Laser-focused on the smallest details, ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
In this role, you will be highly involved in driving design data quality and algorithm performance to develop our next generation of Health and Fitness features. This includes evaluating large user study datasets, design reviews, algorithm testing, bug reporting and triaging. Key responsibilities of this role are: - Challenge the design and implementation in the most logical way; design and perform analytics for algorithm verification and validation - Create automated monitoring and quality assurance metrics to constantly track feature performance - Profile, process and evaluate large structured and unstructured datasets - Participate and present in user study review, code review, and data review - Communicate with upstream component (e.g. Hardware) and downstream component (e.g. App) to drive end to end user experience
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, EE or equivalent
- Interest in health and fitness technology and/or user studies is a big plus.