Sr. Systems Administrator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our Engineering Computer Services org takes pride in supporting infrastructure for all Engineering teams at Apple. We are seeking a dynamic, self-driven individual with deep understanding of building and maintaining enterprise level storage systems. We believe in technology enablement by collaboration and building great products at Apple.
- We are seeking a storage administrator with at least 5+ years of professional experience building an managing various large scale storage platforms. These include NAS appliances, objectstores and gateway products.
- For you to thrive in this role, you should be hands on working with these systems/tools: LDAP, Active Directory management, VMware vSphere, Windows, macOS and Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred).
- You have done Configuration management using SCCM/Puppet.
- Experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with fluency in at least one of the following: bash, perl, ruby, python - appropriate use of built-in functions and libraries
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia).
- Much of your work is interacting with cross-functional teams, so good communication skills are essential for this role.
- You can work independently with limited hand holding and can be a phenomenal teammate.
- Able to travel internationally
- Provide 24x7 on-call support
In this highly visible role, you will have the responsibility of ensuring Apple's world-class Engineering Teams have the infrastructure and tools needed to engineer and design the worlds most advanced mobile devices and products. You will be responsible for enhancing, maintaining, performance tuning and capacity planning of the overall environment. You will need the ability to work unsupervised at times and some travel may be required.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent