Sr. Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Engineering Compute Services (ECS) team is responsible for maintaining a high quality and productive environment for Apple's Hardware Engineering groups. We directly support the Engineers by providing: high performance computing resources, storage systems, web and file collaboration services, tools, licenses, databases, and workflow optimization. ECS is looking for a service oriented, self-driven and motivated System Administrator who will provide support for system design teams within Apple.
- Minimum 5-10 years in Linux system administration in a large environment (500+ servers)
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux systems and internals (RHEL preferred) with a good understanding of networking and related protocols, OS customization, package management (RPM, Yum)
- Experience in Network administration, specifically with F5 load balancers.
- Large scale environments - LDAP, NFS, server virtualization (VMWare), deployments and automation / configuration management (e.g. Puppet or equivalent), modular user shell environments, networking, geographically disperse sites
- Experienced with Kickstart, NetBoot, DHCP, DNS, Apache, MySQL, monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia). Effective analytical abilities - descend into applications and flows with little guidance to address performance and reliability issues.
- Experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with fluency in at least one of the following: bash, perl, ruby, python - appropriate use of built-in functions and libraries
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods ( git, perforce, svn ) Strong customer service and documentation skills with ability to balance technical support
- Able to work independently as well in team projects
- Batch queueing systems such as SGE, LSF, or RTDA a plus
- Understanding of modern ECAD design methodologies a plus
Support Hardware Engineering as part of the IT team to improve design & analysis capabilities and product development efficiency Interact with vendors and other engineering groups to continuously improve efficiency and quality of EDA environment and problem solving Support data management solution locally and interface with worldwide IT/CAD teams to improve design flows, performance, and tool integration Installation of tools, provide documentation, and organize vendor presentations Architect and provide solutions for new customer needs and integrate it in the production environment.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE or CS degree