Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our group. Responsibilities include; performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing of the Asset Management, Video Delivery and Processing for iTunes. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Quality Assurance team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Proven experience black box testing Client-Server products
- Thorough knowledge of testing on MacOS, iOS, and Windows platforms
- Strong knowledge of the iTunes Store and available content types.
- Appropriate and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
- Proven ability to use SQL for queries
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands an ambitious individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. You will: • Be deeply familiar with testing server-side software • Have a good understanding of video and audio formats and delivery systems • Possess extraordinary analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis • Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis • Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties • You posses the desire to perform end to end black box testing with a keen focus on the customer experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or 5 years relevant experience
- • Proficiency with web based applications
- • Experience with technical writing and documentation