Operations Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Location: Santa Clara Valley, California, United States Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Job Summary Communicate closely with Tooling Engineers for scheduling, risk assessment, identifying issues, taking action and following through Engage with Design and Program Management teams at the beginning stage of NPI to understand schedules and risks early on Train vendors to improve communication on tooling related items and follow through to make sure communication is crisp Work closely with multi-functional teams to help bridge gaps between tooling and other groups Identify project risks and communicate to management weekly Work with suppliers to help drive schedules and project performance to completion
- Communicate closely with Tooling Engineers for scheduling, risk assessment, identifying issues, taking action and following through
- Engage with Design and Program Management teams at the beginning stage of NPI to understand schedules and risks early on
- Train vendors to improve communication on tooling related items and follow through to make sure communication is crisp
- Work closely with multi-functional teams to help bridge gaps between tooling and other groups
- Identify project risks and communicate to management weekly
- Work with suppliers to help drive schedules and project performance to completion
- Key Qualifications
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience with high cosmetic portable consumer electronics
- Excellent project management skills, working in a matrix organization
- Consistent record of leading a cross-functional team in order to achieve product launch objectives
- Experience working with international OEM partners
- Travel (~20%-25%).
- Direct experience Program Managing a tooling engineering team is a plus
Description Through all phases of design, development and product introduction; partner closely with Engineering teams as well as collaborate with the various Operation teams to enable success of the new product introduction and product development through ramp. Drive the day-to-day program activities to meet the overall program objectives with a heavy focus on plastic/metal tool release, completion, troubleshooting and tool readiness ahead of key achievements. Create and maintain program schedules, predict and mitigate risks, identify and direct all resources required to execute successful programs collaborate across engineering, operations and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive schedule, quality and volume goals. Ideally a mechanical/tooling background with relevant experience in delivering consumer products using a wide variety of materials and displaying high esthetic quality. Detailed knowledge of the product development process as well as a deep understanding of manufacturing is a requirement. Extraordinary communication skills, attention to detail, strong follow-through, and the ability to focus on strategic agendas while handling day-to-day job activities, re-adjusting priorities as needed is a must. The position will support multiple product lines.
Education & Experience
BS degree (ME or Plastics preferred)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.