Software Engineering Manager - Online Apple Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide.
- Prior experience in system architecture and system solutions to business requirement is essential
- Hands-on Engineering Manager managing software engineering teams in fast-paced environment
- Application development and design experience delivering real world client/server applications using structured or object-oriented methodologies.
- Strong programming skills - object oriented design and analysis skills
- Strong java, RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) and NoSQL (Cassandra) skills
- Experience working on WebServices / REST / JSON
- Experience with Eclipse, XML, SVN, Maven, UML, scripting
- Experience on UNIX, Linux platform
- Expert knowledge and experience with software version control systems: SVN, GIT (GitHub/Gitlab)
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including: Gradle, Maven, Ant, SBT, etc.
- Hands-on in scripting languages, Java and RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL) skills
- Working knowledge of containerization (Docker), and supporting technologies
- Experience with Orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos
- Experience test frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG and integrating test automation into DevOps pipeline
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Join Apple's Internet Applications Team, within the Information Systems and Technology group, as a Software Engineering Manager. Be involved in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering Java based systems. Lead a technical team, in a multi-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals focussing in DevOps space. You will have a strong understanding of the full lifecycle development process including understanding functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions. Your are expected to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and solution-oriented individual.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 10+ years or MS degree plus 8+ years experience, or equivalent