Big Data Engineer – iPhone Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Big Data Engineer – iPhone Operations Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the expectations for the iPhone brand at Apple. The iPhone Operations team is looking for a strong data engineer to help lead new infrastructure project, building data pipelines and enable ML to support iPhone in Apple's Manufacturing Operations.
- Solid grasp of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, databases, networking, and storage
- Expertise in cloud providers (AWS, Digital Ocean) and configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet)
- Big Data operations and support experience in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and NoSQL databases
- Proven understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and relational DBs
- Strong working knowledge of standard network and Internet networking technologies
- Demonstrated expertise with all aspects of a modern Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications
- Liaise and coordinate with international counterparts for various project implementations
As we evolve our factory infrastructure it is essential to understand the existing data collection technologies as well as new ones (image captures, RFID, IoT sensors, etc.) that need to be investigated and integrated into the stack. The Big Data Engineer will work to setup our next generation of infrastructure that provides large scale, batch compute resources to enable the data engineers and scientists to execute machine learning and deep learning algorithms at scale. • Set up highly scalable systems to support machine learning model deployments and/or real time applications • Take ownership of and can communicate concisely and persuasively to a varied audience • Work closely with multi-functional teams including ML engineers, software engineers, SRE, Data Center Ops, Factory Operations and Contract Manufacturers • Partner with SRE & Dev Ops teams to design and build infrastructure that requires a bare minimum of operational maintenance • Completely automate the traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment and network configuration • Aptitude to independently learn new technologies • Ability to prioritize multiple issues in a high-pressure environment • Should be highly enthusiastic with a keen focus on improving uptime availability •Participate in strategic capital systems planning
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.