Swift Compiler Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Swift compiler team collaborates with others within Apple as well as the Swift open source community on enhancing the Swift programming language, building the compiler, and facilitating evolution of other developer tools. Our team is looking for an individual who is interested in programming languages and compilers. We are seeking a technical leader who is excited about helping us revolutionize the developer experience through building amazing tools. Finally, we are looking for a manager who strives to build a diverse, balanced and dynamic team environment.
- Experience in driving complex features that require collaboration with different teams.
- Experience in mentoring other engineers.
- Diverse exposure to different programming languages.
- Familiarity with the overall design of compilers including semantic analysis and type checking.
- Experience working with a large and complex software stack.
- Track record of building production quality software.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
In this position, you will manage a small group of highly motivated and experienced engineers working on enhancing the Swift compiler and helping to shape the future of the Swift language. You will be involved in all aspects of taking a language feature from concept to implementation. You will be responsible for understanding the interaction between the compiler and other developer tools, such as build systems, debuggers, and source editors. You will be an active contributor to the swift.org open source project. As part of the Apple Swift team, you will need to have an understanding and appreciation for what it takes to ship a quality compiler. You will also need a keen interest in interacting with and supporting our large and diverse user base. This position is based onsite at Apple’s campus in Cupertino, California. Please send applications to: swift-team-apply at group dot apple dot com and include a brief statement about yourself and how you see a potential mutual fit with the team.
Education & Experience
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Familiarity with Cocoa and Objective-C.
- • Familiarity with LLVM or Clang.
- • Strong C++ coding skills.