Localization Project Manager, Video Operations - Apple Media Products
Culver City, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Apple Media Product Video Operations group is looking for an experienced, dedicated and motivated Localization Project Manager to be a part of a Video Services and Fulfillment team delivering premiere video content for a worldwide digital audience. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Music Video Content, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with distribution partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly exceptional global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- We are looking for someone with comprehensive Localization workflow experience.
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You should be an expert in project management related to dubbing and subtitling.
- You have experience in audio recording and mixing environments.
- You have experience with Music & Effects track creation process and writing Music & Effects reports.
- You have experience with the foreign language voice casting process including writing creative guidelines and key names and phrases documents.
- You have experience with accessibility localization processes including Captions and Audio Description for the hearing and visually impaired.
- You understand worldwide ratings and compliance editing workflows.
- You have existing business relationships with dubbing studios and subtitle vendors locally and worldwide.
- You have experience managing and developing external and internal relationships.
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have above average presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast paced environment.
- You should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- You have 5-10 years experience in dubbing and subtitling operations.
- You are inventive and adaptable with high energy and a positive attitude.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Fluency in other language(s) a plus.
The Localization Manager will be responsible for the following: You will manage voice casting and approval process with source material creation vendor and dubbing studios. You will write creative guidelines and KNP documentation. You will schedule and supervise creation and delivery of all localization source materials (dialogue and spotting lists, video reference files, Music & Effects tracks) to localization vendors. You will plan and track all processes related to dubbing/mixing, subtitling, and accessibility services production schedules with localization vendors according to production delivery schedules and deadlines. You will supervise Music & Effects mixes to ensure track requirements for consistency of dubbed foreign language versions. You will write Music & Effects Reports delineating track configuration and project directives. You will manage worldwide compliance edit and rating process. You will ensure timely, accurate delivery of localized assets. You will troubleshoot technical and creative localization issues and concerns.
Education & Experience
College education preferred & 7 to 10 years relevant experience.