Edge Experience Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The goal of our team is to improve the customer experience for Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, and any media streaming customers. We do this by building tools that allow us to capture and analyze performance data to drive architecture decisions, forecasting, and critical real time decisions to improve performance.
- Software development experience (Python, Go, SQL, etc)
- DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering backgrounds are appreciated. We’re running a production service, so knowledge of the full stack is helpful.
- Experience with data processing pipelines
- Knowledge of Kafka, Kubernetes, Clickhouse, Prometheus and related technologies is a plus
- Experience analyzing statistical qualitative and quantitative data
- Interest or experience with machine learning algorithms
Education & Experience
Bachelors or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Our team is responsible for many critical internet services for Apple, you will learn a lot about network routing, basic BGP logic, DNS, GSLB systems, the difference between transit and peering between networks, and much more.
- We are not looking for experts in all of the above; we are looking for someone with passion and experience to have a good sense of standard methodologies (in related work is fine), and interest to ramp up on these topics quickly as needed.