SDET for High Throughput Platform
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal platforms, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a highly motivated, result-oriented Engineer with a strong background in Quality Engineering. The QE Engineer position will be a part of a horizontal Quality Engineering group focused on ensuring and improving quality of highly scalable, low-latency, distributed Enterprise platforms for business-critical applications. The job responsibility will include testing Web Services based upon service-oriented architecture (SOA) methodologies, EAI/JMS, multi-threaded applications, building test tools and automation platforms, and working to continuously improve the Quality Engineering process. The Quality Engineer will be part of a Software Engineering process that is highly agile, with short iterations with a big focus on test automation. The engineer should enjoy working in an environment that is dynamic and fun loving, where change is constant and communication is open, and completion is expected through collaboration.
- 5+ years of combined experience in Software development and Quality Engineering
- Expertise in Software Quality Engineering
- Expertise in QE automation frameworks and tools for both frontend and backend applications, such as SOAPUI, TestNG, Selenium
- Experience in testing of Java multi-threading, Oracle PL/SQL, NIO, JSON/XML, and Web Services (Rest & SOAP) environments
- Experience in testing of SOA based Web Services
- Experience in testing Enterprise messaging (EAI/JMS)
- Experience with Oracle DB
- Experienced with working in a Unix environment and script writing
- Experienced as Quality Engineer for highly scalable, distributed and high performing platforms
- Excellent knowledge of QE automation architecture, methodologies, processes, and tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior Driven Frameworks (BDD), DevOps and setting up QE environments
- Exposure to performance testing of Java Applications is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Self-motivated, independent, and dedicated
- Outstanding collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Provide functional and integration testing for a highly scalable, low-latency, distributed Enterprise platform for business critical applications Build QE Automation tools and platforms with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build Functional testing tools and enhance existing automation platforms Work closely with multi-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering Chip in to initiatives to improve the overall QE process, such as identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with a minimum of 5+ years of meaningful experience.