Senior QA Engineer - Global Pricing Systems (Internet Software and Service (IS&S))
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store is looking for a talented software QA engineer with a strong analytical background to test the logic behind our pricing system. Candidates should be skilled in gray box testing and a desire to understand the bigger picture. Ideal candidates should be highly motivated self-starters with strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to ask the right questions and communicate effectively across the organization, and be able to produce a multifaceted testing approach. The tester must be able to discuss and analyze specific features and code changes with developers and produce a refined approach based on incoming changes and previous verifiable functionality.
- Test and debug new and existing back-end iTunes Store features utilizing SQL and command line log expertise.
- Analyze business requirements to create testing methodologies that ensure pricing logic adheres to requirements.
- Interact directly with developers to evaluate testing needs.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure projects deploy seamlessly.
- Become proficient in understanding "the bigger picture" and how different software engineering components are linked together.
- Software QA testing experience - Excellent SQL and UNIX skills - Shell scripting experience - Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail - Detailed oriented with exceptional verbal and written skills - Team-player with experience working on cross-functional teams - Self starter, self-motivated, independent, and proactive
Education & Experience
BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or equivalent work experience