Apple Media Products, Commerce Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like the stimulation and challenges of building a world-class, extraordinary scalable commerce platform? Then this is the opportunity for you at Apple! We strive to provide a flawless purchase and subscription experience for our for millions of customers and developers. The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated, talented individual who will work on building and enhancing large-scale systems using distributed data stores with a strong focus on scalability and performance. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference.
- Strong computer science background and fundamental knowledge
- Exceptional programming skills with Java or other Object-oriented languages
- Deep experience in Unix/Linux
- Experience working in a large code base
- Experience with distributed systems and highly availability applications
- Development experience with NoSQL store and relational database
- Experience in batch data processing and realtime stream data processing
- Experience in data aggregation and feature engineering for machine learning application
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Interest in the commerce domain helpful
If you like the stimulation and challenges of building systems and features exposed to hundreds of millions of transacting users, and you want to make a difference, you will find Apple Media Products Engineering to be a fast-paced, rewarding environment where the best engineers and scientists collaborate to deliver fantastic products and features to our customers. This position is for a Software Engineer within the Apple Media Products Commerce team. We are seeking an engineer with experience implementing large scale distributed systems, deep knowledge in NoSQL as well as Relational DB, and great skills in data processing of both batch and realtime manner. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, to drive a project from inception to production deployment with a strong focus on performance to get the most out of your systems' designs and implementations, no matter what the scale. You will care about measuring, profiling, tuning but you will also be able to think outside the box and question assumptions. You should be a great teammate and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Education & Experience
A BS/MS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science is required.