DevOps - Edge Services
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Edge Services team is looking for a DevOps Engineer passionate about finding the limits of hardware and software. You will be responsible for defining our performance testing and qualification strategy to ensure we are improving the potential of our hardware and software. A strong background in hardware/software performance tuning/optimization, networking, servers and components, and system level debugging is required.
- A genuine interest in operating system and hardware technology.
- Extensive FreeBSD experience
- Strong OS debugging and performance tuning skills
- Detailed knowledge of hardware and component selection to meet specific performance goals.
- Shown knowledge of the operating system networking stack, TCP/IP, routing, etc.
- Programming skills (shell, Python, Perl, C++) and the ability to automate system tasks.
- Ability to work with a team with dynamic strengths across multiple locations and influence others and build consensus.
- Excellent written and verbal social skills.
- Experience with revision control systems, continuous integration, unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Experience running and deploying Linux platforms is a plus, especially CentOS and OSX.
- Excellent communication skills are a requirement to be productive in this role.
Other things you will learn about if you’re not already familiar are network routing, basic BGP logic, DNS, GSLB systems, the difference between transit and peering between networks and much more. We are not looking for authorities in all of the above; we are looking for someone with passion and experience to have a good sense of standard methodologies (in related work is fine), and the ability to ramp up on these topics quickly as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or MS in Computer Science or related field or 12+ years of experience in lieu of degree