Camera System - Imaging Scientist (Infrared Imaging)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Architecture team is responsible for research, design, and specifications for camera hardwares for all future Apple products with cameras. This team is seeking an exceptional imaging scientist/engineer with responsibilities for supporting future camera simulation.
- At least 3 years or more of relevant experience
- Strong Programming skill in C/C++ and familiarity with Matlab and Python
- Expertise in 3D rendering/Ray tracing/Surface modeling
- Expertise in infrared imaging and issues that is unique to such system
- Expertise in data analysis/optimization method
- Experience with general signal/image processing concept
- Experience with Machine learning is a plus
- Experience with GPU programming is a plus
- Experience with CMOS sensing concept is a plus
- Experience with optics/lens design software such as Zemax is a plus
Are you enthusiastic about working on modeling of the real world based upon physical principles? In this role you will be responsible for obtaining/creating input data to a sophisticated end to end imaging system simulation pipeline. You will immediately work on the infrared range data collection and analysis to enable the existing simulation system to the extended range. Great communication is a key to success as you will work with cross functional teams.
Education & Experience
Msc or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science ,Electrical Engineering, imaging science, optics, graphics or equivalent field.