Traffic Management Site Reliability Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of Apple’s Traffic Management engineering team you will help build, deploy, and monitor, the APIs and tools used to operate Apple’s load balancers used by hundreds of millions of our customers.
- Experience with HTTP, SSL, DNS and GSLB systems.
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Knowledge of “Devops” or Site Reliability Engineering. We’re running a production service, so knowledge of the full stack is helpful.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills, compassion, and thoughtfulness are highly desired.
We’re looking for site reliability engineers with an appropriate balance of experience and interest in systems, architecture, network and software development practices. We are a small team, so you can have a lot influence and hopefully fun in helping us build our services. You will mostly write code in Go and Python.
Education & Experience
Bachelors required, Masters preferred.