Wireless Performance Data Scientist/ Analytics engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Wireless Performance team is responsible and also proud of exceptional Apple wireless product performances. We're looking for an extraordinary wireless data scientist who is passionate about building and maintaining analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple Wireless devices including iPhone and Apple Watch. This role will be responsible of gleaning insights from data and the implementation of analytical solutions based on those insights on wireless device performance. We're seeking someone that has both a quantitative and technical background in addition to being naturally very curious
- 5+ years industry experience in wireless and data analytics domain
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including SQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Dask
- Experience in wireless communication domain with LTE, WCDMA, 5G technologies
- Exceptional coding skills and experience with high-level programming language like Scala, Python, R, Java for data analysis.
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of Machine Learning algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Familiarity with ML/Data Science tools and packages like Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Turi etc.
- Data visualization experience in Matplotlib/Seaborn, Tableau, ggplot2 or a similar tool.
- Strong business mindset, possessing an ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
- Ability to operate appropriately and effectively in a dynamic, highly multi-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with solid attention to detail.
Statistically evaluate wireless device performance via analyzing Big Data and correlate the results to systematically generated data via tests conducted in lab environments Implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python, Scala/Spark, R Engage with software development teams to find wireless performance improvement opportunities, understand wireless feature requirements, and statistically quantify the benefits of the features With the knowledge accumulated from multiple independent data sources, create models and validate hypotheses on the uses of iOS/WatchOS software and devices. Communicate results of analyses to wireless engineers and executives Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team You should be able of wearing many hats: “wireless engineer” to understand the functioning of wireless features, “data scientists” to extract business worthy information from data, “program manager” to push on the data decisions you propose to be implemented and “story teller” to explain the key take-aways you unearthed from complex algorithm and data sets to management
Education & Experience
PHD or M.S. in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent